With 12,000+ global hotel partners, 1,000+ destinations with bookable hotels, 100% increase in global destinations since 2009, £200+ million annual turnover, 16 global sales offices providing support, 4000+ clients already profiting from the business, our client is a leading global hotel wholesaler.
Founded in UK in 1988, the company is a family run and owned business. By constantly adapting to the growing needs of the market, they have rapidly developed into a trusted industry leader, with a turnover of over £200 million in 2015. Despite the impressive accomplishments, they remain true to our roots, offering all of their clients an unmatched personal level of service.
The Credit Control department aims to maintain over a thousand accounts receivable, Credit Controllers are required to meet goals, established by senior management, which relate to credit checks, credit limits, payment terms, receivable ageing’s, and bad debts.
The Credit Control department, with the guidance of the Finance Director, establish and monitors customer credit limits based on Credit Safe, D&B, NACM, or Companies House Reports, trade references, and financial statements. Credit Controllers are required maintain good relationships with our customers and resolve queries efficiently.
Main duties and responsibilities
Credit Controllers are responsible for:
- Manages a team of 2 Credit Controllers;
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directig and cotrolling the work of the team;
- Ensuring that allocation of payments is in accordance with customer remittances.
- Generating chase letters and ensuring monthly statements are sent routinely.
- Liaising with the Sales and Sales Ledger departments to resolve outstanding queries.
- Ensuring all major accounts work in agreed order to cash cycle.
- Working to strict monthly and annual collection targets.
- Verifying of the accuracy and authenticity of bank guarantees, standby letter of credit, and documentary credit contacting the issuing office.
- Chasing agents for floating deposits and allocating them on the accounts system.
- Monitoring agents with rolling deposits and requesting top ups to bring the fund back to its original value.
- Monitoring the progress of individual accounts and markets and following up accounts which are over the credit limit.
- Carrying out and submitting annual override commission calculations.
- 5 years experience in an accounts environment;
- University degree;
- Able to integrate well within a Team environment
- English – Fluent
- Spanish/ French or Russian – Fluent
- Reliable and efficient
- Strong attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Mainly Outlook and Excel)
- Motivating salary + meal tickets + private medical insurance;
- Periodical evaluation and salary renegotiation.