As an Accounts Payable Clerk you will be responsible for controlling supplier accounts, checking and authorizing invoices, invoice and payment queries, account reconciliation, and payment (high volume) of FIT purchase invoices. In addition, you will be required to liaise with suppliers and other departments to resolve booking queries.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Authorization of two hundred invoices per day. Invoices are sent electronically and manually and the amounts are matched against the accounts system and verified;
- Investigating invoice queries and incorrect billing by checking contracts and liaising with other departments to ascertain where the problems are;
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and due by reports for the supplier accounts;
- Raising high volume batch payments meeting strict monthly deadlines;
- Making prepayments for suppliers;
- Filing remittances;
- Replying all messages and queries from other departments within 48 hours and supplier messages and queries within 24 hours;
- Be familiar with all applicable systems;
- Liaise with management and colleagues to provide feedback and identify and new areas and/or problems;
- Ensuring good written and verbal communication with colleagues and management;
- Undertaking, as requested, other tasks or projects and completing them within the given time frame.
- University degree;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong numeric skills;
- A good communicator;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Minimum of six months work experience.
- From Monday to Friday – start between 8am to 9am and complete an 8 hour day from start time – 1 hour for lunch.
- Motivating salary + meal tickets + medical insurance.